Thursday, March 19

The Day The Earth Stopped



I just sat through this piece of crap. First off. I was aware that this was NOT The Day The Earth Stood Still. I have heard that the makers of this movie make similar movies with similar titles to Hollywood Big Budget movies. For example Transmorphers/Transformers. You get the idea.

To say this movie is crap is an understatement. I looked at the box art in the video store. It looks cool. A giant robot or Mech standing in a city waiting to rock the place. Looks pretty cool. Well, that's all these big fuckers do. Stand there. I realize that judging a movie by box art is a turkey shoot at best. But come on....why else have a big robot? (to put it on the front of the box, and have stupid fuckers like me spend 4 clams to rent it, I guess) If he ain't going to smash something it's a waste.

The only redeeming quality this movie has is the babe. She is Hot!! With a capital H. You get to see her tits at the start of the flick, but that's it. Nothing else.

This movie could have been alot better if they would have wanted to spend a little money to put some destruction in there, by the robots of course...but nope, nada, nothing. They look like big paper weights.

Don't get me wrong. I like low budget movies. I am a big fan of "cheesy" kung fu movies. The types like they used to show on Black Belt Theater back in the 80's and crap like that. I am surprised this has not been shown on the Sci Fi channel yet.

It may end up there, when they soak as much as they can out or rentals. I am really happy I did not purchase this skunk. The robots do look cool though, and the chick is a winner. Other than that. Don't waste your time. Go watch Goodfellas.

No comments: