Saturday, July 26

That Light Is Getting Brighter!!

The end is near I hope. I spoke to my mortgage company yesterday. My work is done. Now it is up to the underwriters. The govt. The way the lending market is right now, they are being really picky. It is very hard to get a home loan right now, but I am hopeful. The housing bubble has burst and houses are really cheap right now. That is why I decided to finally buy. What I did not realize was how difficult it would be to get a home loan. They are being very critical of everything on my credit report. I don't have crappy credit. It is just not A+. The lending spree that happened a few years ago is now coming back to haunt the banks. I mean, crap, a few years ago anybody could have gotten a home loan. These people took out adjustable rate loans, and purchased homes that were way beyond their means. Now, the rates are too high, and foreclosures are at a record high. Me, I'm getting a fixed rate. I think that is the problem. I was offered a totally approved adjustable rate loan a few months ago. I declined for that simple fact, the rates will go up. Period. I have faith. My mortgage guy has told me that everything looks good and I should close in a week to 2 weeks at the latest. I am stoked!! I have decided I am putting a Karaoke Bar/Home Theater in the basement when the time comes. I have found some bar plans that I have purchased and It looks fairly simple to build. I'm not Bob Vila, but I think I can manage. It's going to be fun. I can taste the cold ones right now!!!! Soon, so soon!

No comments: