Monday, November 8

Looking Forward To Turkey Day

Well, not much happening around here. Today is my Friday, so that's cool, I got the weekend to look forward too. I am not working on Thanksgiving, so, I have that day off. I volunteered, but did not get it. I figured as such, considering I worked it last year. They are being real tight at work about overtime. I could have used the extra, oh well.

Sooooo, I get to have a regular Thanksgiving this year. My lady has invited the bum and his family over for dinner. I ain't going to be drinking any beers, don't like drinking after meals. No point anyways. We will probably have some bird and watch movies afterwards.

My lady wants to spend sometime up North with her other son and his family, we are probably going to go up there for Christmas and she will stay for a couple weeks. That's when I will do my drinking, I will be able to listen to my tunes without being disturbed.

I am really looking forward to going back to scumtown actually. I have been craving a good pizza. I just hope these gas prices fall when we go. My truck is a real gas sucker man, sheesh. I may have a few with my cousin when we get up there, I'm not sure.

I really do like this time of year. It's not Christmas or anything like that, I really don't like the holiday. It's just this time of year in general. I really can not put a finger on it actually.

I think it may have something to do with when I was in the service. When I was active, I always took leave in the winter time back home. I liked the cold weather. Or maybe it is my memories of Christmas in the past, when I was a kid. I have no idea. I do like the cold though, hehe.

I have figured out how to transfer all my records onto my PC, so all I have to do now is finish the desk and stereo cabinet I'm building, move everything where it goes, and that's it. I have not purchased any new records or anything, my folks did bring down some 8-track tapes for me. When I get everything placed how I want it, I should be able to convert those to MP3's as well.

I'm still interested in Baseball cards, just not as much now. I have not purchased any new ones. The fucking prices on these things are insane. I watch these box/pack break videos and I can just tally up the money that the guy has spent on that crap, and it's all for nothing really. The new cards are a joke. I do like the inserts that they place in the packs, but shit, you have to buy alot of packs just to get something good. In the end for the money that you spent on the cards, your returns are crap. That's why I have not gotten any new cards. I think I am going to continue collecting the older ones from 1980 and before.

I'm hungry, suppertime!!

No comments: