Friday, October 29

Back To Work

Vacation's over. I took last week off and my folks came down. It was fun. They left a few days ago. I really liked having them here and showing them my house. My dog could not have acted any better. I was unsure how he would act around them, I figured that he would not remember them and protect his turf. I was wrong.

When my parents arrived I had a muzzle and leash on him. My folks sat in the living room and I got him out of the basement. He freaked at first, then smelled them and started whining. I took the muzzle off and he sat down and let my folks pet him. It was great. He remembered them. So, I kept him upstairs. He likes my folks. Cool.

Well, my parents left a few days ago, I took the time I had off and finished up some crap around the house, mainly the pool. I closed that for the year. Man, what a pain in the ass that was. It took me at least 4 hours to get all of the leaves out of the fucker, and 3 hours on top of that to take the pump, hoses and filter apart and bring them in the garage. The real bitch of the job was putting the fucking cover on it.

I went out an got a new cover 2 years ago. I didn't close the pool last winter. Just shut everything off and made sure everything was dry. That was a mistake. I had to get a new pump this year, so I took everything down. Now, this cover was brand new, I had to string it, which was not that bad, putting the thing on was. My back deck extends out and is flush with the side of the pool, I had to crawl up under the deck and make sure the cover was completely on. I did that, went to tighten the fucker up and a gust of wind came up and blew off one side. I was pissed. I got the thing on and tightened down finally. Man what a bitch!

I am sooo glad that shit is done, and I don't have to worry about it now. (At least for another year)

Shit, I don't want to go to work tonight!!

No comments: