Saturday, August 30

D O N E !!!!!

The move is complete!!!! The lady and myself are completely, totaly, most positively, and absolutely out of that stinking apartment!!!!

It took at least 30 trips in my truck ( I swear) and 1 trip in a 17 foot U-Haul, but it's finally done!!! I turned the keys in this morning. I'm not looking forward to getting any deposit money back. Not that we left the place in bad shape. We are both smokers and we have a dog. It may take awhile to get the cig stink and dog dander out of the place. We lived there for 3 1/2 years. I am just thankful that it's all done. Now I can rest.

I have not had any real time to plan on how I want the basement lay out to go. I have given some thought into shelves for the records and crap. I have made a decision though. My little stand up bar will have to do. I still plan on building a back bar for it, it may take a little while. I am glad the house is only 5 years old, so as far as any repaires that I have to make there are none.

I had a few cold ones in my basement a few days ago for the first time. I must say, It was choice. I do know that I will be spending alot of time down there. There are no windows in my basement so I feel at home there. I have always been a nocternal person. I don't like the sun or daylight. So I'm set.

My lady and I have made the decision of not smoking in the house. We are going to try and quit. It was real hard drinking and not being able to light up at the bar, but I managed. That was the first hurdle. It was tough, but I did it. I did not smoke down there. I went outside. It is a walk out basement, so going outside to smoke is not a big deal really. I did not smoke as much either. Bonus!!

I still plan on posting some pics of the place, so bear with me!!!!

UPDATE  JULY 4 2012:

I smoke in the basement. NUFF said. I told the lady a couple years ago, the basement is my domain, what goes on down there does not concern her. I have NOT banned her from the basement, she is welcome anytime, as a matter of fact, I have given her half of the basement to store her things and use as a pantry, so that being said. I'm not a total asshole anyways.

No comments: