Monday, October 27

WOW

I hooked up the web for my girl the other day. She used to play World Of Warcraft. She stated to me when she used to rag on me that she wanted the web to look up planting supplies. Did she actually think that I would believe that. She has been logged onto World Of Warcraft for almost 2 days now. Non stop.

I used to play that game. I got her started in it. I figured that would be a good activity we both could share and do together. I could not have been further from the truth. She always wanted to go off and do her own thing. So, I let her. No biggie. She slowed me down anyway.

Well, I have grown up, so to speak. I have not logged into that infernal game for over a year now. I have uninstalled it from my PC and I have moved on. Looking back, I can not believe how much time I wasted on that game. WOW was not the first game like that that I have played. I started Everquest when it first was released back in the day. I was addicted to that.

I can see the draw that these games have to people, especially reclusive people. Me, I hate people to begin with. I could care less if I talk to anybody or not. When I did play those games, I soloed. I did not group with people.

A year ago when my girl was playing her game, and we were arguing about it, she said to me that the only way she feels normal is when playing that game. That scares me. Should I just cut the web, and not have it in the house. I know that she will do nothing but play that game. I am at a loss. Maybe I just may bring my girl back to realality and tell her to quit, or we are through. I don't know.

I do know this, with her playing that game, she is out of my hair.

No comments: