Tuesday, April 21

Trying To Quit

I went out and picked up some nicotine gum. Now, I tried this shit out about 15 years ago and it didn't work. It tasted like shit as well. This new stuff seems to be doing the trick so far, it also don't taste that bad. I am very hopefull. Fucking smokes cost and arm and a leg now. The fuckers also raised the taxes on booze. I can quit smoking I think, I know I can't do without my beer. The real test will be when I have a few, probably tomorrow. That's the start of my weekend. I read somewhere it will take my body 15 years to return to the state that it was before I started. I have been smoking for about 20 years now. I know this is in my head, but, I do feel like I have a little more energy. I don't think I will start feeling anything major for a few weeks. I think the little energy burst I have going is due to trying to meet my goals, and completing them. I can't believe it. If I go 24 hours without a cig, that would be the first time in 20 years that I have not had a cig for that long. I am going to try very hard to get past this. I don't want to be a slave to these fuckers anymore.

No comments: