Friday, August 12

8-Tracks!!!

The player I picked up works. Just tested it out. Now I can unpack all of my 8-Track tapes and put them on the shelf. I will inventory them as usual and be on the look out for those now as well. I am not going to go hog wild, but if I see a unique one that I don't have on vinyl, cassette, reel to reel, or CD I may pick it up. Right now I have about 100-150 8-track tapes. 20-25 of which were my own and my folks gave me the rest. Man the music room is getting kinda packed. I have 2 rooms in my basement. One dedicated to music and stereo equipment, the other for my bar. I may have to put some shelves up in the bar for my record collection over flow. Not sure yet. I still have a bunch of my vinyl, cassettes and video tapes in boxes.

I still have to construct a stereo rack and computer desk/shelving unit. I have been playing the design for both around in my head now for a couple months and pretty much have the design and construction steps down. I have been thinking about this for a long time. I pretty much have the music room layout down as well. When I get it complete, it's going to look sweet. If I don't have a camera by then, I will break down and go buy one, fuck it. I plan on taking stills and perhaps a few vids I'll toss up on youtube. Not sure yet.

I do know this, once I do get the music room complete, I am going to have to get a contractor in here and put a ceiling in there. I am probably going to go with a hanging ceiling. I need to get that room sound proofed. I am hoping I can get a fairly inexpensive contractor to do this for me. I want it done right. Probably next year. The music collection comes first. I want to get all of my crap out of boxes and onto shelves so that I can enjoy it.

I'm still interested in old video games and systems as well. Those are going into the music room along with my equipment. I have figured out how I want everything to fit together, so, when I get it done, it should look pretty cool. I plan on hooking up all of my systems to my 36 inch tube TV. Right now I have about 10 systems all together and various games for all of them. It's gonna rock!!

I am getting the lumber for the stereo rack probably next Tuesday and will build that then. Next will come the computer desk/shelving unit. I have vowed to myself that I will not have any cold beers until I get these two projects complete. So wish me luck guys!!!!! Later.

No comments: