Friday, May 31

I'm A Hoarder

I feel ok today. For the last 2 weeks it has been hit or miss in how I feel. I don't think I am completely over that stomach crap, or the chemo is giving me the runs every other day. Other than the runs I have been feeling peachy.

Went and did my blood work at the DOC's office a few days ago. They told me I'm scheduled for another CT scan in 2 weeks. Apparently when they scanned me a couple weeks ago they only scanned my stomach. This time they are going to do the full thing chest, stomach, pelvis like normal. I'm hoping I get good news again. I have been trying to keep a positive attitude and fight this. My taste buds making food taste like crap is starting to get to me though and I am a little concerned about my weight.

The last 3 times I have been to the DOC they have weighed me each time, and each time it showed a loss. The last time it showed that I had lost 23 pounds in 3 weeks I think. My weight loss could be because I have had diarrhea for a couple weeks now and that stomach crap. I was not eating very much. Now I have my appetite back. I ate a huge plate of pasta and a Caesar salad for dinner tonight. My lady made sure I ate all that was on my plate, I didn't have a problem. It was very tasty for a change. I enjoyed this meal. I read that washing your mouth out with alcohol free mouthwash helps the metal taste that cancer patients get with chemo. I have not tried that yet, but will the next time something tastes shitty to me. So, that's how I have been doing. Not bad, but not fantastic either. Good in the cancer dept. though. Crappy in the stomach/plumbing dept. LOL.

Now I'm going to address the title of this post. I've added another thing to the list of things that I collect. Non-Sports cards. When I was a kid I collected Baseball Cards and have started that back up. I also collected Non-Sport card wrappers. I think they look pretty cool. So, I got a few Non-Sport card boxes with all of their packs of cards to display. I have gotten 4 of them so far. The Black Hole, Close Encounters Of The Third Kind, Dune and Jaws 2. I have them sitting on my self displayed like they would be in the store. It looks pretty cool. I plan on getting more. They ain't worth anything, so buying them off of the Bay is kinda cheap. I think I payed about 12.00 for each box so that's not bad. I like looking at them.

I still collect Vinyl and old video games. I am just going to go searching for them on the Bay or internet. If I see any at a flea market or garage sale I'll pick them up. I am not storing them away either. Now that I have taken that big table apart I have a bunch of room to display everything.....LOL.

Oh, almost forgot. I'm gonna start my comic collection back up too......LOL. Hence the title of this post. I'm a Hoarder!!!!!

I will finish On that note....hahahaha. Feeling pretty good today and probably will tomorrow as well. I am fighting this and with the Lords help we will prevail!!!!!

NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!   NEVER SURRENDER!!!!!!!

No comments: