Friday, December 28

Feeling Good

Christmas morning went off without a hitch. The kid got some pretty good loot this year. I had a good time watching the kid open his presents. It was fun. After he opened his presents, I went to bed, I was up all night working.

The lady woke me up at around 6 for Christmas dinner. I was looking forward to that. It was great except for my favorite part. The ham tasted like crap to me. These dam Chemo drugs screw with my taste buds and certain foods leave a really horrible after taste in my mouth. The ham did. I was pissed. Everything else tasted great. I was scared that was going to happen. Well, it has been a few days since, I have tried some ham again with the same results. There is a lot of ham leftover. The lady has already made a big pan of scalloped potatoes and ham. I love that. Tried some tonight, BONUS!!! It tasted good to me! No after taste. Great!!! She is going to use the rest of the leftovers to make me some homemade navy bean soup. I love that stuff too. I am hopeful that it will not taste like crap to me.

Don't have anything planned for New Years Eve. I'll probably work. We have not ever done anything that night. Too dam crowded and I hate people to begin with. We stay home. Ain't gonna be drinking this year. I have been sober now for 7 months and have not had a smoke in 2 months. I am breathing a lot better now. I like being a non smoker. I went over to a friends house a few days ago, he smokes. It has been the first time I have been close to somebody actually smoking for an extended period. I had no trouble at all. I did smell it a little bit, but as far as wanting to smoke or anything, nothing. No feelings what so ever. Cool. So, I think it is pretty safe to say I have finally kicked that fucking habit for good!!!! I am not ever going to touch a cigarette ever again!!!!!!

Got a docs appointment today. Not doing Chemo today, just going in for blood work. I'm also taking that lady to the ER. She has had a chest cold or something for a couple weeks now. She has been coughing up green stuff and crap. I hope it's not bad. She's going in and we will see.

Other than that I feel really good today. I am hoping that my lady does not require an overnight hospital stay, but, if the doc recommends it, so be it.

Later All

No comments: