Monday, January 21

Records

I don't know if I have said this in the past, but I'm getting back into records. Vinyl that is. I never got out of it really. I was actively looking for vintage video games and systems and did acquire very many games and systems.

Sitting in my basement one day awhile ago listening to an album I noticed something. I did have a lot of games and systems on my shelves. About 10 different systems and a lot of games for each one. I had not touched them. I had not played any of  them at all, just sat them there after I got them to collect dust. On the other hand here I am listening to a record album and the box I tore open to get to it still sitting in front of me next to the stack of albums that I listened too the other day. It dawned on me then. Why am I collecting old video games? They're cool and they look pretty cool all on the shelf and unique, but I don't play them.

I decided to get back into actively collecting records again. I'm going to box up the video games break out the records and enjoy them. I never stopped listening to my vinyl. I'm re-arranging the basement in a few days for the lady's birthday. I'm going to finally put up her shelves for her large pantry. She has told me that she has always wanted a very large pantry. Well, I have given her half of the basement and that will be her pantry. It's gonna be huge. There are already lots of boxes and bags of dry goods and cans and stuff stacked on the floor on that side. She is going to have the shelves half full with just what is in there now. I don't care. As long as she is happy. I'm fine. I can always put up more shelves.

Took the lady and the kids out to dinner last night. We went to Ryans again. I am starting to get kinda sick of that place. The salad was good but everything else was just OK. The kids and the lady enjoyed it.

The 8yr old said something to me in the car when we were at the store waiting for the lady, he said "grand pa ya know, your the closest thing I have to a father" I told him that it is alright, I ain't going anywhere soon. This is sad, this kid knows that his parents are worthless. Ya, sure the dad is in jail now, but, when he was out he didn't do a dam thing for the kid. I've told this kid several times, he can always rely on my and his grand ma. We will never let him down, and he will always have a place to go, period. An 8yr old should not have to worry about crap like that. It's fucking pathetic. I wish his mom would just off herself, the kids would be better off I think.

Those kids are always going to have a home as long as I'm alive. Period. My lady is their mother. The one that claims she is, is just the owner of the cunt they crawled of.

No comments: