Wednesday, March 6

Still Here

Still here and doing ok. Been feeling ok the past few days. Also been doing a lot of sleeping. Slept 30 hours last Sunday. Went to bed at 230 Sunday Morning, got out of bed at 0830 Monday Morning. Then took a nap that afternoon. This chemo is getting to me.

I can't eat anything without it tasting like crap. I get this horrible tin/metal aftertaste in my mouth when eating. I'm getting real sick of that. I know why people in my position usually loose weight now. Why eat when everything tastes like shit? But, I force it down. I ain't going to loose any weight. I think that's what is helping me a lot. The doctor says I am very strong. I think the weight is behind that a little.

I guess I was in pretty bad shape at the start of this. I asked the doc last week where we were going with the chemo, trying to kill the cancer so I can be rid of it, or just extending my life for a few months. He told me that the chemo is my friend, it is doing it's job and if I would not have started it when I did, I would not be here now.

The doc has been really happy with my progress, my last CT scan showed the cancer not growing and the spots on my liver shrinking. I am going for another CT scan next week and am very hopeful. The doc says if it's good news I may be able to take a break from chemo, he didn't say how long, but I hope it's long enough for me to get my taste buds back at least. If that's the case, I'm heading north. Going up north to get some good pizza, and see my parents. I wish I lived a little closer to them, but oh well. I have a very good job and have been told I will have it as long as I want. My company could not be working with me more. They are behind me 100% and helping me to beat this beast. I am going to WIN THIS WAR!!!!!!

I pray to the good lord above everyday for strength and thank him for the time that he has given me. I thank him for everyday I'm alive.

I can't wait to get back to work. Working from home was ok for the first couple weeks, now it sucks. I feel like a prisoner. But......it's not going to be forever, same with the taste buds......I am hoping I have this cancer on the ropes. My next scan will tell me. So guys, wish me luck.


NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!!!  NEVER SURRENDER!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: