Tuesday, April 16

Still Tastes Like Shit

It's been 3 weeks now since I have had any chemo drugs. My tastes buds are still outta wack!! This sucks. I feel ok, normal. No pain anywhere, and bathroom breaks are normal, so I'm good there. It's these dam taste buds. I can really only enjoy half of my meals, 1 day I will eat something it will be good, the next I'll eat something else and have to force it down because it tastes like crap. That can go from meal to meal as well, breakfast will be crappy, lunch good, dinner good...etc. It's not the same foods either. One day I could have an apple and it will be really good, the next day....crappy. The only constant is pizza. Pizza tastes like crap all the time. My favorite food......!!!! Eh, I still have steak, every time I have had a steak it has been good so that's ok I guess. I was really looking forward to getting some good pizza. Guess I am going to have to wait till I beat this, AND I AM GOING TO BEAT IT!!!!.

I have discovered doughnuts and coffee. Usually I would have a glass of milk with a few doughnuts, but the past 2-3 days I have been having them in the morning with my coffee. I would have to say I like doughnuts with coffee better than with milk. Don't know why it took me 40 freaking years to discover that little fact....LOL. So, I have been on a doughnut kick the past few days. I hope that will help me gain some of my weight back, that little loss had me kind of worried.

Well, that's about it for new stuff. Everything has been the same around here lately. The lawn guy has been here 2x so far. That dam grass is growing fast this year. I have been looking at my summer nemesis (the pool) it's in bad shape right now. I did not cover it last fall so there are a bunch of leaves in it and the water is green. It's going to take me at least a day to get that thing up and running. The lady has already started harping on me about it. I ain't gonna take it this year. If she starts to get on my nerves I'm just gonna tell her to be quiet, I'll do it when I'm ready. 

I figured not having chemo for a few weeks my energy levels would start to return to normal. They have not.
I'm still tired all the time. I have been having a real hard time falling to sleep. I'm tired so I go to bed. Then I lay there for 3-4 hours. I don't fall asleep. Think I'm gonna try that unisom crap. It sucks just laying there trying to sleep and then you don't.

I gotta take the lady into town today to see her quack doctor. Man I wish she would get a doc in town. She see's 3 doctors in the fucking city, 2 don't do crap for her. The only one she see's that is worth a crap is her foot doctor. The other 2 suck. She refuses to get doctors here in town. I bet if I made her drive herself to these dam doctors she would change her tune real quick. I love my lady, I ain't gonna do that. She goes through enough. She is constantly in pain, I wish there is something more I could do for her.

No comments: