Monday, July 15

Blood Sugar Problem

I have a blood sugar problem. It's high. Went in last week after fasting and it was 250. The normal is around 100. I asked the Doc if I have Diabetes and he said No, but I'm on the way. He said I have to get my blood sugar under control. He asked me if I have a family doctor and I said no. Never had any use for one. I never had nothing wrong with me, besides a cold every now and then, it's when I got this cancer is when I came to see the Doc.

Well, he set me up with an appointment with a family Doc here in town. I guess he is going to treat me for my blood sugar. I have been drinking diet soda and sugar free drinks since last Tuesday. I really like diet Mt. Dew, as far as anything else I have tried Coke Zero and it's ok. Been kinda watching what I eat as well.  No more sugar cereal in the morning, been eating Special K. I love that stuff anyways with no sugar on it. The Doc also said I need to loose some weight, I'll talk that over with my regular cancer Doc first. I think just cutting out the sugar drinks is going to make me loose some pounds. I was drinking about 4-5 cans a day. Now I'm drinking diet soda and more ice water. I should cut the soda out all together, but I really like flavored drinks.

Found a few SNES carts at the Goodwill a few days ago and a few PS2 games.I think there is somebody else in this town collecting as well, Goodwill looked pretty picked over. Nothing but sports titles. Went to a few thrift stores today, nothing. I'm gonna have to hit the stores up in the city when we go. This little town really don't have that many thrift, Goodwills. We have 1 Goodwill and 2 thrift stores that I am aware of and 2 pawn shops. I hit one pawn shop the other day, they had alot of PS3 and PS2 titles along with X-Box and X-Box 360 but they wanted 5 bucks each. I ain't paying that for a game. Only if I really want it, or it's rare and I can flip it fast. Have not seen anything on Craigslist for video games in my town either. I may see if the lady wants to hit a few yard sales on Friday.

Well, the county fair starts tonight. We are not going tonight. It's the first night and I don't really feel like dealing with a large crowd. Besides, it's hotter than hell out there right now. I told the lady and the kid we would probably go tomorrow night or the day after. It's up to how the lady feels. We are going though, sooner or later. I gotta get my yearly fair corn dog. I missed out on it last year. The kid is pretty excited. If they follow the same plan like last year, we just pay a ten spot to get in each and the kid gets a hand stamp and can ride all the rides he wants, as many times as well. I wonder how much they are going to charge for the baby. I'm gonna fall over if they charge 10 for her....LOL.

The Chemo drugs are hitting me hard again. I slept most of the night Saturday night, all day Sunday, and all night Sunday night. I slept for 36 hours I think. Man I was tired. The only reason I got up today when I did is the lady came in and said a hose on the pool had sprung a leak and was spraying water into the air. Went out there and sure enough, it was spraying in the air...LOL. Boy, I'm glad I had an extra hose. That extra one had been here since we got the house, I had no idea if it had a hole in it or not. Swapped it out, no leaks. Sweet. I'm glad. I really didn't feel like going to get another one, let alone deal with the asshole that owns the local pool store. That's a story for another post.

Well, that's where I stand. I have a blood sugar problem, but I feel alright. Tired, but normal. I go see the family doc in a few days and I will find out what he wants me to do and how he's gong to treat me. I hope it's just taking pills. I really don't want to have to take daily shots again. I'm fighting and still here. Ready to do anything to beat this beast!

NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!  NEVER SURRENDER!!!!!!!

No comments: