Wednesday, July 10

Did Chemo Yesterday

The title says it. I went in. Wasn't too bad. Didn't take that long either. My regular Doc is on vacation. So I had another guy. Older. The nurse told me that he has been a cancer Doc for 30 years, so that's cool. He knows what he is doing.....I hope anyways.

They took my blood to test it, like they always do. They have to see if my platelet count is up enough for my treatment. Well, the Doc came in and said I have a problem with my blood sugar. It was way too high. He said a normal level is around 100, mine was 500!!!! Dam. I told him that I do drink alot of sugary drinks and he said that would affect my blood sugar big time. He wants me to come back in on Friday after I have fasted. Not eat or drank anything for awhile. This could be caused by the chemo drugs they are giving me as well he also told me. We will see.

So, I have not had any soda since. Been drinking ice water and diet powerade. I hate diet soda but now I have no choice. I do not want this blood sugar problem to get in the way of my treatment, so no sugar drinks no more. I think after a couple weeks I'll get used to diet soda and diet drinks, I'm not looking forward to those 2 weeks though. I love having an ice cold Coke with my food, especially pizza, oh well. That's part of getting older I guess. I just hope I continue to get older......LOL, if you know what I mean.

I feel ok. Normal I would say. I'm tired as hell, like always. I think my taste buds are normal, I did have a nasty taste when I had a couple pickles with my meal a couple days ago. I love having pickles with my meals. My dad does too, he got me started on it. If it's just pickles affected that's way cool. I can live with that. Gonna try and start eating a little more healthier, not that I don't eat healthy now. I think I do. I just skip meals. Like there are some days when I only eat one. Most of the time I usually eat 2 meals a day. This morning I had an orange powerade and water melon for breakfast. I sometimes eat cereal, some sugar kind and no sugar kind. I would say my favorite cereal would be Special K, I eat that alot with no sugar. I like Rice Chex too, also with no sugar. So I think I got breakfast covered. I think I will just cut down on carbs for the rest of my meals.

I did not mention this, but my X-Box broke awhile ago. It stopped reading discs. Well I got a real good deal on E-bay for a replacement a couple days ago. They were selling a working X-Box and all the cables for 9.99 with 13.00 bucks shipping. I found the auction with 1 hour left, no bids, so I watched it. I didn't bid. It got down to 2 minutes left, no bids so I bid 9.99. Thought twice about it and increased my bid to 17.00 bucks. 30 bucks for a working X-Box is still a deal. Well, I didn't really need to increase my bid, nobody else bid on it and I won. Cool. 24.00 bucks for an X-Box. That's a dam good deal. Got it in the mail yesterday, hooked it up......Gold! It worked. Awesome. I looked on the shipping label. The poor guy lost money on the deal. It cost him 24.87 to send it to me. Oh well. Now, I've learned this from buying these types of systems in the past. There is a pretty good chance that there might be a game inside. Opened it up and sure enough there was. Halo 2. Sweet. That's a popular game. I hate playing it, I don't like first person shooters. I'm pretty sure I could sell it for a couple bucks....hell I got it for free. Bonus!! Oh and BTW, this is an original X-Box I'm talking about. I don't do the new crap....it's way too expensive.

Well, that's what's going on in my neck of the woods. I'll know Friday if I have a blood sugar issue or not. I'm watching what I eat and drink these next couple days. I hope I don't I'll let you all know.

NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!  NEVER SURRENDER!!!!!!

No comments: