Friday, July 5

No Chemo This Week

Didn't do Chemo this week. Went in last Tuesday and they said my blood platelet count was too low. Their cut off is 50, mine were 43. Oh well. The Doc said that's why I have been so tired. I go in next Tuesday, I'll get my cancer drugs then. I been feeling normal. No pain anywhere or anything. Just tired as hell. Oh yeah, the taste buds are back!!!!! WooHoo!! Had a pizza the other night and it was great! Now just gotta go get a Big Mac to see how that tastes. I used to love Big Macs but since the taste bud crap, they have tasted like total shit to me. I hope it tastes good now and my tastes buds remain normal....I hope, I hope.

Didn't do anything for the 4th, It was raining and crappy out. I slept all day. Watched the few fireworks that the neighbors were lighting off. No biggie. That's one thing I can not understand. The lure of fireworks. Some people go apeshit over them. I just don't see it. I mean the big ones that cities usually shoot off. I called my mom last night, my dad loves watching fireworks. They were at the firework show up in scumtown and she said they had been there for 4 hours waiting. I said crap, really? What for? She said to get a good spot. There were thousands of people there to watch them. She feels the same as I do about fireworks. You seen one, you seen them all...eh. I don't even bother anymore.

I plan on going into the city today if the lady gets out of bed in time. I want to go to a certain pawn shop there that is supposed to have good deals on old video games. We will see. There is also a place I want to talk to about trading some of my vinyl for store credit. They carry old vinyl, used dvds, cds, and video games. Might trade some doubles or some of the ones I don't want for video games. Who knows. If they give me a good price.

Going to put one of my old video game systems in the kids room this weekend. He should like that. That poor kid ain't got nothin at home with his mother. All of his toys are here and his room is just big enough for the queen bed we have in there and a little walk way around one side. He ain't got room for crap. Me and the lady are going to have to get him a smaller bed so he has room for his toys and room to play and stuff. Him and his sister are here now as far as I'm concerned. This is their home. Period. If the mother wants to fight, she's gonna have a big fight on her hands. Gotta get a bed for the baby too. Right now she sleeps in a  little playpen in our bedroom. I told the lady that she is probably going to loose her computer room to the baby. She don't mind. She would much rather have the baby here than have a computer room I think.

I really like having the kids here. They bring a breath of life into the house that comforts me. I like watching the little baby and the way her eyes light up when she discovers something new. That makes me feel really good. I'm starting to love them both. Especially the little baby. It brings a tear to my eye sometimes when I get up and walk into the living room, she looks at me and is excited to see me and runs over and says "papa" and wants me to pick her up. I love it when she does that. 

I really don't think we are going to have a problem with the mother. She had been putting the kids in daycare while she was working when the 9yr old had school. He got out for summer vacation and we have had them since. When vacation started the mother said that the baby had to go to daycare at least 1 day a week because she did not want to loose her spot at that daycare. I understood, a good close daycare is hard to find. We said cool, no problem. The first week the lady took the baby down there on a Monday no problem. The next week I took the baby. The guy at the desk said that I could not leave her and there was a problem. I said oh yeah? He then told me that they had not been paid in over 2 months. The mother owed them over 200 bucks. I said Ha, that don't surprise me. I told the guy that I would have my wife tell the mother, and she didn't really need day care to begin with. The kids are always welcome with us. Well the lady called the mother, told her the news.....ain't heard nothing back from the mother. That was over a month ago. She has not even called to talk/check on her kids. Do you believe that crap. Well, the kids are loved and being cared for by us. It's going to stay that way.

Well, that's it. LOL, not much going on here. Feeling good and fighting. I'm always gonna fight. I am never going to give up fighting this disease.

NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!   NEVER SURRENDER!!!!!!

No comments: