Wednesday, September 26

Had Chemo Today

Went into Chemo today. The doc said he can't believe how my blood is holding up. My platelet count was at 180. He said most people that have gone through 5 cycles of chemo (like I have almost, 1 treatment to go) usually can only take 1 treatment a month due to their blood counts being so low. In my case I have gone through 5 cycles at 1 treatment every week with only 2 weeks off since I have started. I am very lucky the lord has blessed me with very very good bones.

He said my leg looked good, it is still swelled up a bit, he said that it would take awhile for the swelling to go down, that is a very big clot in my leg. He said things will be fine, just to keep a real close eye on it and if it gets worse to get to the ER. I am not feeling any pain in my leg and there is no discoloration, so that's good.

He said that they will send me for my next CT scan after the next Chemo cycle. 1 Chemo cycle is 3 treatments and 1 week off. He said that I may take 3 treatments or 2 depends on my blood. Well, like I said I got rockin' bones so, I may take 3 treatments, that means 4 weeks till my next CT scan.

Oh I hope these cancer drugs are still working. I feel great, no pain anywhere, not losing any hair, eating alot and bathroom breaks are normal. I think they are still working. I am dreaming that my next scan will show my liver clear and the tumor down to 1 cm, small enough for them to cut it out. That is a dream of mine. I am just hoping for any improvement.

I am not sure at what point they can/will be able to cut out my tumor. I have read that they have cut out tumors as big as 5 cm. I think they are waiting for my liver to be clear. What sense would it be to cut up my pancreas when there are spots on my liver that can spread? Although, they can cut pieces of your liver off and it will grow back. They could cut out 65% of your liver and it will grow back, fast. That is the only human organ that does that.

I am very hopeful and determined. I am trying to keep a positive attitude and stay busy. I still take tumeric, 2 times a day. I think that stuff is really working good. Not sure though, and have no plans in stopping it. I pray to the lord above everyday for strength and thank him for what he has done for me already.  I would like to thank all of my friends and family for being there for their continued support. I do not think I could go through this alone.

I am going to win this war, I am not giving in. I am not going anywhere. I will fight until my last breath!

Thank You All For Your Support.

NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!! NEVER SURRENDER!!!!!

No comments: