Wednesday, June 6

Round 2 Toast

Well, had my second round of Chemo yesterday. The doctor said my blood counts looked real good. Chemo affects your blood count, It lowers it. My doctor stated that he will not treat Chemo patients if their blood count is below 60. Mine was at 114 which is a good sign. He said that maybe my count may be a little low next week and I will not be able to get treated. I am hoping that is not the case. I asked him if there was anything that I could do, eat to help raise my counts and he stated that there is nothing that can be done. It's all in how my bones work. Well, I have very, very strong bones. I have been a daily milk drinker for all of my life and constantly take TUMS for heartburn. Chubby guys do that I guess.

The Chemo went good. Just a little burning sensation when they pumped the pre-meds and Gemzar in. No discomfort at all. I did get a little tired during the treatment and took a nap. I was pretty tired through out the day after this one. I think it was because I did not get a full nights sleep prior, I'm not sure. I feel really good this morning. I am taking 2 Chemo drugs to battle my cancer. 1 in an IV at the hospital and 1 in pill form, I received that through the mail a couple days ago. 

Kathy and I had a little spat at the doctors office, to tell you the truth, I can not remember about what. Something stupid probably. We have both been going through alot of crap lately, It was bound to come to a head sooner of later. I can not say enough about her. She is my godsend. Period. I love her dearly and I always will.

We have the grand kid staying with us for the summer, which I really enjoy. He is another reason I am going to fight this and beat it. The poor little guy has no family life at home, his parents are both idiots and treat him as if they do not want him around. He does not have a father figure what-so-ever so, I am stepping in for that dept. I have mentioned in the past I was thinking of doing that. I have decided.

Kathy keeps mentioning going for custody of him, I have kinda been thinking about that myself. I think that is what his real mother wants. She has already gave up one son to her mother, but, get this. She gets the child support, not her mother ain't that crap?

I am thinking if we were to go for custody, I will go after her for child support, insurance, and give the kid my last name, period. Life is too short and this child has a crap life. If I can just do a few little things to make his life 100% better so be it.

I am not too sure about this, I have not mentioned this to Kathy. I am still on the wall. I do know this. That kid is going to have a great summer!!!

I will talk to you folks later. God Bless

No comments: