Wednesday, July 25

My Blood Count Keeps Rocking!

Well, up a little early today. Went to the doc did my chemo, the doc said I'm doing really good and my blood count was off the charts. He said I have very very good bone marrow, my platelet count was at 247. He said since I am doing so well, he is going to sched me for a 4th chemo treatment before they take a CT scan to see where we are at. We are hitting this crap hard. I feel it in my heart I'm going to beat this, a couple of my friends and mother have stated the same. I have noticed that every time that I go in for chemo, I am the youngest one there all the time. I am hoping with a little help from above and the support from all of my friends and family that I will beat this and be able to continue on with my life. The good lord I hope is watching over me.

I did not start work last night, with my chemo yesterday, going into work to pick up a work laptop, stopping at the lady's doctor and running a few more errands by the time I got home I was beat and it was about 6 in the evening with me wanting to start work at 10, I did not get a chance to take a nap so I decided not to work. I called my boss and he basically told me that I could work anytime I want as long as I get my 40 hours a week in, so I'm ok in that dept.

I have noticed something, since I have been diagnosed, a little before that I think, my dog has not let me out of his sight. He follows me around constantly. He did that before but not this closely. I mean if he is in a room sleeping he wakes up and looks for me, if the door is closed and I am not there he barks. I have read that animals, especially dogs and cats can sense, smell certain diseases, like that cat in the nursing home a few years ago. He would go sit in front of a persons bed that is going to pass soon. Maybe my dog can sense/smell the monster inside of me.

I have changed my mind in the vinyl dept. I am going to continue to collect them. CD's, 8-tracks, laser discs, etc.......    I have figured out how to maximize my space down here. I can't do it now because my finances are a little low, but as soon as I am able I will re-arrange this room and everything will fit with a lot of shelf space to spare for growth. Video games, baseball cards, and records.

I am glad I do not drink anymore. I have not even craved a beer since I stopped. Tried the non-alcohol stuff it tastes just like beer, but It just does not go down. I do plan on having a real beer though. That is going to happen next year on May 29th (the day I got diagnosed)  if my prognosis is good. I am going to go down to the local bar, me and the lady and I am going to have 1 pint. That is my goal. Then the year after that I am going to have 2 pints....etc. That's my plan. I am going to beat this. I am very determined and my attitude could not be better. I do not know if it's not drinking anymore, the drugs I'm on or what, but I feel better now than I have in a very very long time. Years actually.

I did notice and realize this yesterday though. Before I went to immediate care, the place that started all of this, I was having stomach aches constantly for about 1 1/2 months. I didn't pay it no mind. Figured it was something I ate or the stomach flu. Well, a constant stomach ache is a symptom of pancreas cancer. I had no idea. Well, I can say now that since I started chemo I have not had any stomach problems at all, none. They even gave me meds to take for nausea. I have never had to take them. I am hoping that the lack of stomach problems means that this chemo is working and killing this cancer. I am hopeful.

NEVER GIVE UP!!!!! NEVER SURRENDER!!!!

No comments: